I thought of doing this during some observational drawing of type blocks. My favourite was g because I really like the curves and shapes that create the letter, so continued experimenting with different methods in making it.
These are some of the experiments I attempted usings inks and pastels. I made the 3rd image by creating the letter using maskingn tape and then dripping ink down the page. The tapeacted as a barrier protecting the page so when it was removed I was left with the shape. I'm pleased with how it turned out as I wasn't sure how resilient the tape would be and I like how the g is angular rather than curved.
I scanned the image and created a digital version using a combination of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator because I thought that the marks made from the ink were nice and fluid and I was interested in what the outcome would be like if it was a digital image with block colours. I quite like it in a way because I think the two tone colours compliment another but I think it would've looked better with bolder colours that aren't in the same colour spectrum.


No comments:
Post a Comment