Thursday, 10 May 2012

Colourful Compositions!

Here is a selection of some of the images I have created so far.

I created the silhouettes by filling in the people's photographs from the family images with various colours using Adobe Photoshop and converted them into vectors to make the outlines smoother.  I based the colours on my own knowledge of colour coordination by constantly thinking about how people colour coordinate their own clothing which I think has worked really well in terms of my images.

In total I created 6 of these images all which include the geometric square lines that were inspired by the shapes on the figures shirt on the original image and I thought that it would compliment the images which I think it has.  Also in these images I have included the addition of Roman Numeral as they work well with the shapes and they also represent various numbers to do with particular persons life.
These 2 images have Hindi symbols incorportated within the image.  I chose them because I liked their combination of straight lines, right angles and also the curves of the 'O' and 'U' shapes within them.  They presented me with a few ideas on how to present them within the image and I have created a series of 10 with them.  These are just a sample of them.
In this image on the left, I have used the Arabic symbol for 'M' which is the first inital of the person in the image's name 'Mohammed'.  I created a variety of these images and also included the 'M' from the Phonecian alphabet as it was the Phonecian alphabet which became the bedrock for many writing systems including Arabic.

No comments:

Post a Comment